The Fredericton Rowing Club is seeking a novice learn to row instructor for the upcoming 2016 season. Interested applicants should expect a tentative start date of June.
Location: Fredericton Rowing Club
Tentative start date: June 2016.
Wage: $10.30-$12.00 per hour depending on experience
Approximately 3-6 hours per week depending on the program schedule
Police background check required.
The successful candidate will be the primary coach for Learn-to-Row and Developmental programs.
- This person will focus on the Learn-to-Row program which provides novice participants a quality introduction to the sport of rowing and prepares them to enter the developmental programs later in the summer or fall.
- This person will be responsible for developing the introductory instruction plan, in consultation with the Fredericton Rowing Club Head Coach
- Initially this person will teach the program participants the basics of the rowing stroke on indoor rowing machines as well as all required safety procedures and rules. Such as proper equipment handling in the boathouse and on the water including proper launching procedures
- This person will introduce proper on water rowing technique for sculling and sweeping
– RCA Learn-to-Row trained
– RCA Coach Trained or willingness to complete is desirable
– Prior experience as a rowing coach working with both junior and adult rowers will be an asset
– Boat operator’s card
– First Aid and CPR certification desired
To apply, send a cover letter and resume that outlines your previous rowing experience plus the names and email addresses of three references. Send your application to Barbara Dugas at email@example.com.